2019-2020 Global Resources Report:
Government & Philanthropic Support for LGBTI Communities
VIEW THE LAUNCH WEBINAR
WHAT TO WATCH FOR
- The full report will be published and launched in Spanish and French.
- Further reporting on LGBTI humanitarian funding, building on Where Are the Global COVID-19 Resources for LGBTI Communities?
- Additional briefs and materials exploring the report data in the model of the Diving Deeper Series: Under the surface of LGBTI funding data.
STAY UP TO DATE
The 2019–2020 Global Resources Report: Government & Philanthropic Support for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Intersex Communities is the most comprehensive report to date on the state of global funding for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and intersex (LGBTI) issues. This report documents data on over 15,800 grants awarded by 499 foundations, intermediary NGOs, and corporations and by 17 donor government and multilateral agencies over the two-year period of 2019–2020.
LGBTI communities worldwide face urgent conditions, and grantmakers must mobilize together to financially resource the movements that can meet those needs. This report provides the data to make the case for strategic and impactful funding.
Building on three previous editions, and now documenting a combined 8 years, this report provides detailed data on the distribution of LGBTI funding by geography, issue, strategy, population focus, and donor type, offering a tool for identifying trends, gaps, and opportunities in the rapidly changing landscape of LGBTI funding.
This new edition documents a total of $576 million, showing that global LGBTI funding grew by 3%, or over $16 million (USD). Notably, this edition of the report also documents a 38% increase in the number of grantees.
ON THIS PAGE
DOWNLOAD THE REPORT
SPREAD THE WORD
VIEW INTERACTIVE SLIDES
These slide decks offer another way to view and share the Global Resources Report findings.
- Scan each slide deck forward and backwards using the arrows at the bottom of the slide.
- Scroll your pointer to the right hand corner of the deck and you’ll see three dots pop up. After clicking those dots, choose the middle option to share the slides via social media, copy the link, or an access an embed code. Or choose the bottom option to view the slides in full screen size. Choose the top option (an X) to return to the main screen view.
- When viewing charts, scroll your pointer over the elements to see numeric values pop up. You may also select and deselect different items in a chart legend to focus your view of the information.
- Note the key code which indicates which funding is included in each equation (whether or not funding focused on the United States is included, and whether or not fundsawarded for regranting are included) and indicating which chart in the PDF report aligns with the one shown in the slide deck.
Viewing the slides on a phone? You should have the same functionality, especially if you turn your phone to horizontal (landscape) view. In case that’s not working for you, here are some direct links to each slideshow: The Big Picture | Global South and East | Global North | International.